UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
2019 Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum (CREF)
CREF, which is celebrating its 11th anniversary this year, is the largest gathering of the Caribbean’s energy market. Over 500 representatives from governments, utilities, multilateral institutions, renewable energy firms and academia are expected to attended the October event.
Critical themes covered in the 2019 agenda include:
- Caribbean across the finish line?
- The brave new world of the Caribbean utility.
- Which islands are leading the charge for increased grid resiliency, and how?
- What does the Caribbean electric grid of the future look like?
- Are we ready for e-mobility?
- Will blended finance mobilise investment in clean energy?
- Where are this year’s breakthrough markets?
In addition, Caribbean heads of state share their vision for clean energy in the island economy.