Let's REAP Programme Launch
On September 28, the Caribbean Development Bank, CARICOM Secretariat, and OECS Commission will launch the Learning Recovery and Enhancement Programme (Let’s REAP!).
COVID-related school closures in the Caribbean affected approximately 1.7 million children across 21 countries, disproportionately impacting marginalised and vulnerable students.
In July 2021, the Caribbean Development Bank, CARICOM Secretariat and OECS Commission-developed the Learning Recovery and Enhancement Programme (Let’s REAP!) to provide schools leaders and teachers across the region with a roadmap to both bridge the learning gaps that have emerged or worsened due to COVID-19 and accelerate learning outcomes for all students, while improving inclusion.
The first cohort of 3000 educators will commence training in October 2022.
- Hon. Miss Kay S. McConney, M.P., Minister of Education, Technological and Vocational Training, Barbados
- H.E. Dr. Didacus Jules, Director General of the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States
- Mrs. Yvette Lemonias Seale, Vice-President (Corporate Services) and Bank Secretary, Caribbean Development Bank
- Ms. Alison Drayton, Assistant Secretary- General, Human and Social Development, CARICOM Secretariat
- Mrs. Elisann Delancy, Let’s REAP Focal Point Turks and Caicos