The Government of Antigua and Barbuda has received financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of the Barbuda Energy Resilience Project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds to eligible payments under this contract. Payment by CDB will be made only at the request of the Government of Antigua and Barbuda and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject, in all respects, to the terms and conditions of the Loan Agreement.
The Loan Agreement prohibits a withdrawal from the Loan Account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than the Government of Antigua and Barbuda shall derive any rights from the Loan Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Loan.
The Antigua Public Utilities Authority is the Executing Agency for the Project, and the Ministry of Finance is responsible for the overall implementation of the project. A Project Management Unit (PMU) has been established to coordinate the various activities within the Project. The PMU intends to prequalify contractors for “The Supply and Installation of an Underground Electrical Network” (ICB No.: 73597-W-12) a contract to deliver the following:
- Trenching of existing roadways to install new power duct banks and conductors. Reinstatement of roadway surfaces.
- Removal and disposal of existing road surfaces.
- Removal of existing utility power poles.
- Concrete formwork, conduit placement, rebar, and pouring.
- Supply and Installation of electrical ducts in trenches and on new and existing utility poles
- Installation of pad mounted equipment foundations.
- Supply and installation of power transformers, reclosers, fuses and fuse holders, insulators, electrical enclosures, and other utility power related equipment.
- Reinstatement of roadway surfaces.
- Develop Environmental and Social Management plan per Employer’s guidelines.
It is expected that Invitations for Bids will be issued in December 2021.
 If prequalification is being invited for more than one contract, describe each contract and indicate whether Applications may be made for prequalification for one or more of the contracts.