The Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) actively supports the enhancement of the public financial management systems of its borrowing member countries (BMCs), including in the area of public procurement. Robust public procurement is critical to ensure that scarce public funds are used appropriately and in a transparent manner to provide essential public goods, infrastructure and services to support the wider strategic goals of the BMCs. Therefore, CDB has engaged with all of its BMCs to provide support with procurement reform including capacity building.
To further CDB's support of procurement capacity building in the Caribbean and to develop the strategic design and utilisation of public procurement, CDB is pleased to offer, through technical assistance funds provided by the Government of the Republic of Italy, a scholarship for a candidate to complete the International Master in Public Procurement at the University of Rome Tor Vergata. The programme runs from March 2023 to February 2024 . The selected candidate would be required to be based in Rome for a period of 4.25 months. The scholarship would cover:
- the full tuition fee for the postgraduate programme;
- travel costs to and from Italy for the programme; and
- an allowance to live on campus at the university and for living costs.
To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates must:
- be a citizen of a CDB BMC;
- have at least 5 years of in-depth experience in a public procurement professional role at a BMC government or Caribbean regional institution and meet the stated qualifications, experience and language requirements of the university;
- have the necessary permission from their employer to study uninterupted for 4 months physically at the university in Rome and have their support for the associated distance learning;
- not have any business or personal relationships with CDB or the Tor Vergata University that would create a conflict of interest and shall submit a declaration to this effect; and
- serve their Employer for a period of at least 12 months following the completion period of this programme. An agreement acceptable to CDB would need to be arranged with the successful candidate’s employer whereby the participant would reimburse the full value of tuition costs for the programme should the candidate serve for less than the stipulated period.
The successful candidate shall demonstrate their intention to fully utilise this opportunity to learn so they can give back to their country/organisation and further the professionalisation of public procurement in the Caribbean. Interested candidates may request further information by emailing email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 28th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Submissions should be sent to CDB at MasterIPPM@caribank.org.
Submissions should include:
- A motivational cover letter explaining your interest in the scholarship programme and confirming that the candidate meets the above-stated eligibility requirements; and
- A Curriculum Vitae.
A CDB evaluation panel will review submissions.