The Government of Antigua and Barbuda (GOAB) has obtain financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) towards the cost of Second Road Infrastructure Rehabilitation Project and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under a contract for which this invitation is issued. Payments by CDB will be made only at the request of GOAB and upon approval by CDB and will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement. The Financing Agreement prohibits withdrawal from the financing account for the purposes of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than GOAB shall derive any rights from the Financing Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Financing.
This Project is being implemented by the Ministry of Works (MoW), through the establishment of a Project Implementation Management Unit (PIMU). A Project Coordinator within the PIMU shall be responsible for the day-to-day management of project activities. Engineering Consultants shall be retained by MoW to assist with the supervision of the contract.
MoW (hereinafter referred to as “the Employer”) intends to engage the services of a Clerk of Works (CW) for the duration of the project implementation phase.
The objective of the consultancy is the effective and timely achievement of the project outputs and outcome(s) through efficient delivery of services.
CW will report to the Project Coordinator, PIMU or an officer designated and will be assigned exclusively to the unit. His/her duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Monitor and inspect work of construction contractor for assigned projects on behalf of the Consultant.
- Review contract documents, drawings and specifications in order to maintain familiarity with assigned projects and insure construction contractor's full understanding of documents.
- Review contractor shop drawings and provide comments on conformance/non-conformance to Resident Engineer
- Act as liaison between consultant and contractor.
- Conduct on-site observation and spot-checks of work in progress.
- Ensure contract compliance by the contractor, such as conducting tests specified in contract and installing materials/equipment as specified in contract, and report deficiencies to Resident Engineer and contractor.
- Provide reports on all on-site matters, including third-party inspections, progress, safety concerns, and causes for delay.
- Maintain job-site files, documents, reports and daily log; prepare periodic reports for Project Manager as required.
- Attend all job-site meetings in conjunction with project manager.
- Receive, record, present for approval, and maintain custody of samples submitted by construction contractor.
- Review requests for progress payments measurements submitted by construction contractor and forward with recommendations to Project Manager.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
The duration of the assignment is expected to be for a period of twenty-four (24) months.
GOAB now invites interested eligible individuals to submit Expressions of Interest indicating qualification and experience required to provide these services.