The Government of the Republic of Haiti (GOH) has received financing from the Caribbean Development Bank (CDB) in an amount equivalent to US$ 12.51mn towards the cost of a Technical and Vocational Education and Training Project II and intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this financing to eligible payments under contracts procured under this project. Payments by CDB will be made only at the request of GOH and upon approval by CDB, and will be subject in all respects to the terms and conditions of the Financing Agreement. The Financing Agreement prohibits withdrawal from the financing account for the purpose of any payment to persons or entities, or for any import of goods, if such payment or import, to the knowledge of CDB, is prohibited by a decision of the United Nations Security Council taken under Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations. No party other than GOH shall derive any rights from the Financing Agreement or have any claim to the proceeds of the Financing.
Consultants and/or Contractors and/or Suppliers from member countries of CDB will be eligible to participate in these procurement opportunities.
Ministry of National Education and Vocational Training (MENFP), through INFP, is the Executing Agency for the project. Further details of the project can be obtained by contacting the first address below.
The following consultancy assignments will be procured under the project:
- (a) Development of a National Qualifications Framework (NQF);
- (b) Development of gender strategy for TVET;
- (c) Support for a community engagement and public awareness for the St. Martin TVET Centre;
- (d) Engineering and architectural consultancy services for construction supervision of the St. Martin TVET Centre; and
- (e) Engineering and architectural consultancy services for design of an Administrative and Resource Centre for the National Vocational Training Institute (INFP);
- It is expected that these will be procured during the period January 2018 to June 2018.
- The following goods and/or works and/or non-consultancy services will be procured under the project:
- (a) Equipment, tools and curriculum support materials for the St. Martin TVET Centre, Jacmel TVET Centre and Cap Haitien TVET Centre;
- (b) Construction of the St. Martin TVET Centre;
- (c) Training of instructors in effective TVET delivery and gender-responsive pedagogy;
- (d) Training for TVET managers in implementation of Competency-Based Education and Training (CBET) and management of TVET programmes; and
- (e) Study tours for MENFP/INFP officials, TVET managers and instructors.
It is expected that these will be procured during the period November 2017 to September 2018.
Mr. Pierre Adam
National Institute for Vocational Training (INFP)
4, Impasse Francois, Rue Latortue
Musseau Delmas 48
Port au Prince